Thursday, April 13, 2006

high school as i hath experienced it...

It's been a while since anybody posted anything here, and believe it or not, it seems like I've actually been pretty good with my post regularity. It must be all that fiber I've been eating.

I have been thinking a great deal lately about the high school experience. Rather than thinking about the four years in some sort of Columbine-esque conflict between abstract groups of jocks and geeks, I've been thinking of the specific events that compose each student's career in high school.

For instance, one moment that stands out particularly strongly in my mind is when I was playing magic the gathering (yes, I was a geek, but that should be obvious by now) and a certain "train-like" football player walked by saying, "oh look, it's the magic fags." I also remember arriving early for early-morning walks through the hall to pick on the jehova's witness who was a bit annoying, the napkin stash, the "bloody german", calling skittles "shittles", starburst fruit twists and dr. pepper, channel 1 news, a certain fight I might have been in, water fights in gym swim class, edited romeo and juliet videos, "pantzing" in frau frau's class, journalism class, getting shot down by two different girls (and shooting down one other), frog dissection, awkward pseudo-romantic moments senior year, horton throwing his XC jersey at Mr. Ware and driving off, toilet papering, and some more. Maybe some day I will make this more coherent.

What are your most memorable HS moments?

2 comments:

Slick said...

I've got to mention some of the best, and most obvious, times we had...

During exam weeks oddly enough... Death Tank matches during the extended lunch hours! Geez, those were incredibly good times.

Also, though it might have been middle school but it was still flippin awesome, wiffle ball games on the field between Bza and No Turn's houses. So sweet!

Andy said...

Lets see, not too many 'good' memories, most of which were not good things. Kicking the chair out from a certain someone, and blaming it on Hoke, "skipping lunch", arguements with Tiny and Shamrock, going to the office about things I didnt do, denying things i did do, marker + locker = smell the hall up, the above mentioned, running from cops, tp, kool-aid, being stood up (wait that wasnt good), parking and hall passes, breaking doors, 2 days of XC, baseball (or lack there of), oh and not having a lock on my locker for 2 and a half years, it beeing this cold (___), julie W short skirt REOW!, and i am sure there are more...